- Proficient in blogging, social media, Audacity, Soundslides and Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in AP Style and content management systems like DrillPress, College Publisher.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, video editing software, HTML.
BURNETT, WILSON, REEDER, P.A. September 2016 to Present
- Draft and file legal pleadings.
- Coordinate hearings and inspections of client’s homes.
- Prepare hearing binders and arbitration binders.
- Take incoming phone calls and speak with potential clients.
- Update client files.
- Coordinate court reporters and process servers.
OSPREY OBSERVER COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS July 2013 to September 2016
Layout Editor April 2014 to September 2016
- Edit and proofread stories for grammar, accuracy and completeness.
- Format stories by manipulating spacing, type size, font, placing, editing pictures, writing headlines, creating captions, and more through Quark. Occasionally created graphics.
- Decided placement of ads and stories when preparing for a new edition.
- Edited photos, graphics in Photoshop.
- Assisted in determining a story’s newsworthiness and selecting which edition the story belongs in.
Multimedia News Reporter July 2013 to April 2014
- Added an HOA Hot Topics section in all four editions covering neighborhood news.
FREELANCE REPORTER, Multiple Articles June 2012 to Present
The Messianic Times May 2012 to Present
FOCUS Magazine June 2012 to July 2013
CENTRAL FLORIDA FUTURE, Variety Editor December 2011 to May 2012
- Managed writers, assigned stories, edited content, and wrote headlines and captions.
- Posted stories to the website and added online exclusive podcasts.
- Coordinated with public relations individuals to secure press passes for events.
- Previously served as Staff Photographer and Contributing Writer.
GOLFWEEK, Intern January 2012 to April 2012
- Helped create a database of years of golf scores on their website.
ORLANDO WEEKLY, Intern May 2011 to Aug 2011
- Blogged about local events and updated social media
OSPREY OBSERVER, Reporting Intern October 2007 to August 2008
- Wrote and photographed local events in the Brandon/Valrico area.
University of Central Florida, B.A., Journalism May, 2012
Member, Society of Professional Journalists
Secretary, Sigma Eta Chapter of Lambda Pi Eta National Communication Honor Society
Media blog: https://nicoleschoen.wordpress.com/
Photography blog: http://nrsphotography.wordpress.com/